Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I am Fortune's fool.

My computer is broken. Hopefully, it is what I think it is and then it won't be so expensive. I finally found a shop that would fix a Gateway after going to 4 different places. It's amazing how accomplished I felt after getting it to the shop. I was walking around thinking, "Look at me. I have things to do. I'm walking around scary areas of town I've never been. I'm so cool."

It's only because I've been cooped up in my flat for so long. I've never had a cleaner apartment. I cook for myself everyday. Luckily, my ipod isn't broken. I'm glad I really like those songs because I'll be listening to them a lot. I also have some podcasts. In case you all have never listened to the episode of This American Life, "What I learned from Television". Please go back through the archives and find it. No matter how many times I listen to it I always feel warm inside after it's over.

So, I have to leave you here until 2010. Tomorrow, my Kiwi flatmate and my roommate are still away for the holiday. Myself, my Russain flatmate and her boyfriend are going to make dinner. I'm not sure what the plan is for night time, but I got a pretty skirt to wear. I feel good about that. I usually try to dress-up, but I don't have much to work with here. It's all part of my lesson in life that often less is more.

Happy New Year! Here's one of the songs from my ipod. I do recommend this album.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Marlowe! What happened with your computer? I can't imagine you alone in our room, living without it! :)Anyway, I wish you a happy new year, and I hope you're proud of yourself, spending a semester in Poland, so far away from your home, and with people like me! :) Best wishes for 2010, and Im proud of you!! See you this sunday!! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete