Saturday, November 28, 2009

I Got a Visitor!


Hannah Banana came to see me! For those of you who don't know, that is my cousin. I picked her and Rich, her father, up from the airport this afternoon. After they took some time to freshen up I gave them a tour of the city. Then we went to the Christmas market. My adoring Howell family, we didn't find any good ornaments. They all looked ordinary. I think we missed an area of the market. I'll go back and look tomorrow. Unfortunately, that means they won't be going back on the plane with Hannah. I will not rest until I find the best ornament, and then I think they will be light enough to send.

Hannah and Rich leave early in the morning for Auschwitz. (Jessica Huffman, I heard you were looking for a souvenir from her. I'm still so curious as to what kind of souvenirs you think are at this place. You should write me a letter about it.) They looked so jet-lagged I can't believe they made it as long as they did. We had mulled wine, and looked around. Then I took them for traditional Polish food. They had pierogies and cheese soup. I ordered zurek and made them try it. Zurek is the traditional Polish soup and it is good. They didn't look thrilled about it, but I think they need time to adjust to the taste.

It was nice to see familiar faces. I put them to bed at 7. Then I returned to the dorm to watch television until I fall asleep. If you are interested, and I'm sure you're not, I've been drinking raspberry tea with honey like it's Kool-Aid. You should be like me and drink it to make you sleepy. I'm too tired to write anymore tonight. I leave for Paris and Barcelona on Thursday. That should be amazing. I'll follow the usual routine: post pictures, write a blog. Perhaps tomorrow I'll fill you in on my Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sending positive energy vibes your way. Do branoc.

No comments:

Post a Comment