Wednesday, November 4, 2009

This Little Light of Mine....

Hold on a second. Someone call the gazetta. We've had a break through. I was waiting in the cold dreary Polish rain for my tram. When it came, it just passed me by. THANKS POLAND! So, I had to wait for the next one which would be somewhere around 12 minutes later, and would make me late for class. This older woman in her 60s walks under the tram stop with me. She started talking to me in Polish and she was being so nice I just didn't tell her that I spoke English. I just smiled and nodded. I think she was complaining about the rain, her hair, and her broken umbrella. Regardless, she just kept talking, and I kept smiling and nodding. I gave her the time and she smiled at me. Did you read that? SHE SMILED AT ME! Oh, the joy was over whelming. It was like realizing I'm in love. The tram was late, but she just kept making frustrated faces at me because of the tram's tardiness, and I kept smiling. Just as the tram arrived she asked me a question, and obviously I couldn't answer. I told her that I didn't speak Polish, and she laughed. That's right, LAUGHED! Then she continued to talk to me in Polish. She didn't care and neither did I. This event has not just made my day, but my month and next month too.

Listen up Poland! You think you can be mean and break my spirits, but you can't. I'm going to love you anyway. Do you hear me! Deep down inside you know it's true. You can be as cold as you want, but I got a light and it's going to shine, and you can't take that away from me!

Anyway, I'm so over dramatic. I did, however, have to walk quickly to class so I didn't dance and skip down the street. This Wednesday is so much better than last Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my name is peepaw. I feel like I've met you before. You remind me of this girl that used to live in my home town. Sadly, she disappeared. We had all been hanging out pretty regularly, she even stayed over at my house a few times...on the couch of course, don't you be a dirty mink faced salad tard thinking your pointy snouted dirty thoughts. She was my friend and then she left. There was some mention of "I'm not coming back for awhile" but nobody thought anything of it. How dumb could we be? She left and lord only knows where she is off to. Anyway, sorry to bother you but you remind me of her.

    ReplyDelete