Friday, November 20, 2009

Womp womp


Who remembers when I said I was going to try out for America's Next Top Model? This photo proves how photogenic I am. What a waste of talent. I really botched that opportunity. Which opportunity? Well, the day after my 21st birthday they were holding auditions at Oak Hollow Mall and I didn't go. I squandered it along with a long list of others. I believe myself to be a Jack/Jill of all trades so I'll spend my time pursuing one of my other many talents.

This week I'm in my "dip". That's what the international department called the first low you feel after you have been in the country for a little while. Luckily, the weather is gorgeous. I'm going to spend my day rocking the hell out and hopefully I'll snap out of it. I'm not the only one in this stage. I'm just the only one who can't go home for the weekend. Another American friend and I were recounting tales of the U.S. to the other students yesterday. "There, they have free refills, and free water." "They fill your cup with ice, and you can drink water from the tap." I realize that everywhere is different, and without those differences life would be boring. Here the bars close at like 6 am, and you can buy liquor at any grocery store and gas station. Not to mention, I'll be making you all delicious savory pancakes, zurek, and omelets when I come home too. So, for now I'll just focus on the positive.

Monday I'm going to Prague for the night to take a break from this city. Teresa's dad is in town and he's going with us. I like hanging out with my friends' parents. It's just an older version of them so why shouldn't we all be friends? Anyway, I'm scatter brained these days. I'll keep you posted as always. Happy Birthday: Grandma Towa, Grandpa Sims, Jessica, and Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment